After buying eeros, the next crucial task is to find the right place for installing them, so that they can provide fast, reliable Wi-Fi to every single room in your house. Despite being an advanced wireless internet system, eeros need to be placed at right spots for you to receive the best internet signals. If you want to know more about it, then just keep reading.
Finding the right spot isn’t rocket science. You just need to hit and try in order to find the right spots. However, if you are not able to find the right place to install your eeros, then it will be better to contact eero customer service because they are the ones who can help you in this situation.
For fast and easy setup of eeros, make sure to keep the eeros close to each other, or less than 50 feet to each other until the network is up and running. Once it is, you can place the eeros anywhere.
If you have been using wired Ethernet as of now, then you can hardwire your eeros, which will help increase the speed and strength of the signal throughout your house.
Here are some tips as to what you should do and what you should avoid when finding the right place to set up your eeros.
- Place your eeros where they can communicate with each other, which means, the eero that you tend to keep in the dead zone should be at the right distance with respect to gateway eero so that the eeros can get a strong internet signal in dead zones.
- Place your eeros on a flat and hard surface so that they remain stable.
- Place the eeros high because the best signal can be received if these devices are placed high such as the height between the floor and ceiling.
- Keep your space open because eeros communicate best when they are kept in the open and not inside a cabinet.
- The line of sight between eero gateway and other eeros should be as clear as possible because more obstacles mean weaker signal, which is the last thing that you will want to experience.
Here are those things that you will have to avoid.
- Don’t keep your eero support near a refrigerator or any other metal object, as it can interfere with the wireless radios.
- Keep the device away from objects that cause interference such as microwave oven, power cables, cordless phones, 802.11 networks, poor electrical connections, florescent lights and more.
- Besides placing your eeros in the open, you need to make sure that you don’t keep anything on top of eeros. Also, keep in mind to avoid keeping eeros enclosed in a small space.
- If you place eeros over a soft surface, then there won’t be any space left beneath the device to breathe.
This is how you can place your eeros. If you come across any problem, then consult eero customer service providers.