Sometimes you may fuss in a situation when you need to restart your Eero router. At that time there is no need to disconnect your Eero from the power supply. Just power cycle it through the app installed on your phone. An Eero app is available on all app stores. This app support Eero Installation devices with version 2.10.0.
Why there is a need to reboot your device?
Not all of us know why we restart our device which is essential for us to understand. Let’s find out the reason first. The reboot function is performed on the Eero router to fix the basic or common issues prevalent on it. If you have tried all other steps to fix the problem but didn’t get the success, then restarting will definitely help you out. It is now possible to restart the app with the help of Eero Update app installed on phone. There is no need to disconnect the device from the power supply after restarting it through the app. Reasons why need to restart the Eero device are:
- Insufficient speed of the network.
- Router not connecting to the smart devices.
- Network problem on a specific device.
Now, coming to the steps for restarting the Eero using the Eero app.
- Tap to open the Eero app from the smartphone and select the device you want to restart.
- Click ‘Restart’.
- You will find the blue icon blinking in front of the Restart option. Click to proceed further.
- During the restart function, the device will turn off automatically, then turn on again after a few seconds.
- If you restart gateway Eero Help, the complete network will go into offline mode first, then get online on its own.
Steps for restarting the whole network
If you want to reboot the complete eero network, then the steps are given below:
- Open ‘Eero app’.
- Tap to open the main menu.
- Click on ‘Network settings’ under the menu.
- Go to ‘Advanced settings’ from the network menu.
- Tap ‘Restart’ to restart the whole network.
- Click on ‘Blue icon’ in the same way you have done to restart the Eero device.
- The network will go offline for some time, then become available soon. You can try connecting the devices now.
If you are not being able to accomplish the restarting process, then click on ‘Eero restart’ link given on the home page of Eero customer service.
In order to perform the restart function, the Eero Wifi Setup device and the smartphone from which you are going to restart the device must be connected to the same network. Here, the network will work as a medium for both devices. If you are having a problem in connecting the network to the router, you can contact the internet service provider.